We have over 20 years’ experience of valuing and selling homes. We know our industry and we know our market.
Presenting Your Home
First impressions count, so put yourself in the buyer’s shoes and think about how you can enhance your property's appeal.
Consider its ‘kerb appeal’ – the first thing potential buyers will see before they even get past the front door. Here are some things to look out for:
- Does the front of your house need smartening up?
- Could the front garden be tidier?
- Would the front door look better with a fresh coat of paint?
Once inside the property, potential buyers will want to visualise how they could live in the space. Here are some things to do:
We will discuss details and suggest any advantageous adjustments with you when we are instructed to market your property. Small improvements can make the world of difference when clinching a sale.
- Keep it clean and tidy at all times – especially the kitchen and bathroom.
- Before marketing, make sure it is clutter free. Get rid of items you no longer need. With less clutter it will sell faster.
- If needed, undertake repairs. Don’t give a would-be purchaser a reason to not consider your property.
- Make your house comfortable – open windows in the summer, turn the heating on in the winter.
- If you have pets or if you smoke – open windows and use room fragrances to keep the place fresh.
- Make sure all the windows are clean.
Instructing an Estate Agent
Highest price or lowest fee should not be the deciding factor. Our experience and enthusiasm deliver notable results. With over 20 years in the property industry in South West London, we are confident that our friendly, professional and transparent service will impress.
The successful sale or purchase of a property can be reliant on the instruction of an efficient and experienced solicitor or licensed conveyancer. If you do not have a solicitor yet, it is a good idea to do some research and make a decision before you put your property on the market – but do bear in mind it may be more cost-efficient to use one approved by your mortgage provider. This will help to avoid delays during crucial stages of the process. Feel free to ask for our trusted recommendations.
We offer extended viewing hours and appointments by arrangement to maximise the viewing opportunities of your property. To help sell your property, all viewings are accompanied by us and we use our expertise to influence potential buyers.
All offers must be disclosed. We will discuss with you the buyer’s position as well as the level of their offer. We never lose sight that you are our client and keep your best interests at heart. We will negotiate on your behalf and guide you throughout the process, keeping you informed every step of the way.
Once you have accepted an offer, we will prepare a memorandum of sale and write to all parties to confirm the agreed price.
Seller Guide – the process to exchange of contracts
You have accepted an offer – what next?
- Solicitor instructed, ID checks completed and solicitor in funds so they can progress the sale. (If not already done.)
- Seller’s information forms, property information, fixtures & fittings, any guarantees: all need to be completed and returned to your solicitor.
- Solicitor applies for deeds, if leasehold a management pack as well.
- Your next home, are you going to rent or buy?
- Solicitor to send draft contract.
- Pre-contract enquiries.
- Solicitor’s report with contract.
- Sign contract.
- Ready to exchange.